To my father, whom I miss more than words can say. I miss his humor, his habit of starting conversations while walking into a room, regardless of running conversations all ready in progress, his warm and generous heart, his loyalty, his love of family, his stories, his wisdom and philosophy, his ability to get along with anyone and his ability to drive every one around him crazy. I miss his voice, loud and accented. And I miss our conversations and my confidante. Oh, I miss you, Dad. But I know I will see you again one day.

To my husband, Will, whom I chose to spend my life with. So many characteristics do you share with my father. Your generous nature, your loyalty. You are tender, loving, forgiving, and most importantly to me, understanding. No one understands me as you do. You never fail to amaze with your depth. Thank you for your love and support of me, regardless of the crap I put you through. I love you.
To my father-in-law, Bob, you are a fount of knowledge. I know that I can ask you just about anything on just about any topic and you will have an answer. You are strong and wise and patient and tolerant. And best of all, I think you actually like me, miracle of miracles! Happy Father's day!
(Credit for the picture of my father goes to my brother, Roman. Thanks for taking such a great picture of such a great man. Happy Father's Day to you, too.)




No comments:
Post a Comment