Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some changes

I decided to have some fun with this blog and have it show some of my personality. I just found the clocks today. I love them! I used one for our current home, one for where I was born and one for Germany, to signify where I WANT to be. Fiji, well, Fiji is for Will. Escapism, you know. I told him it may be our blog, but really, it's MY blog. I guess that's not really fair, though, huh? So I decided to let him pick one out. Gosh, I'm so generous. I get three he gets one. Realizing you have a problem is the first step, though, right?!

Also, I decided to add a button on the side. It's not anything I will make money from, but I am hoping people will notice it and at the very least get them thinking. It's for an organization called Goods 4 Girls and they supply menstrual pads for South African girls so that they can continue going to school while they are having their periods. Sad the things we take for granted in our society that others consider a luxury. In my new efforts to become a better person, I have decided to contribute to charities and non-profits more. I was looking for something where I could sew, to practice my skills, and this seemed tailor made. I was thrilled to find it. I am going to get to work on these as soon as I have all the necessary materials. I'm very excited. I'll post more as I go.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the blog's new look!

No comments: