Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hodgepodge

Sometimes when something happens I think, "I have to share this with you - it's bloggerific!!"


There are times in every wife's life when she sees her husband doing something that she doesn't agree with. And there are times in every husband's life when he feels that nothing he does is right and is tired of being nagged. My solution to the problem when it relates to the dames - I say to Will, "Oh, honey, honey," in an, "Oh, be careful," tone which conveys, "Knock that s@!# off," while still being nice and not nagging. Will for his part, understands immediately and stops what he's doing. An unintended, yet hilarious, result is this:


Daddy swinging Siale by her hands and feet, is met with, "oh, honey, honey," as she swings backwards and forwards.




Aren't you glad I share these moments with you?!



I am more on the ball today - I have recent photos to post! But I decided to lump everything together today, rather than mete them out into several different posts.

So, without further ado:

The dexterity of children:

Considering . . .

And then

Giving new meaning to the phrase putting your foot in your mouth.







Daddy's shoulders are the best place to be after a long walk.



Just because she's cute and I got a new camera and I can't stop taking pictures of EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING.

And this is one of life's precious moments. We never taught her to cut her food. We never even taught her to correctly hold a fork, much less a knife. Seriously, this kid makes parenting look easy.



Today Gitante and I took the kids to the Portland Children's Museum. Siale has decided that sitting still for pictures isn't as fun as running from Mommy and the camera. So I didn't get too many decent pictures of her.











Rolls of fat - cute on a baby, not on me!



She can roll almost all the way over. She's just at that point where they don't really know what to do with the arm they've just pinned under themselves.




And lastly, some crafts I've been working on.
An apron that I have mostly finished for Siale. It started out as a dress, but I had the lady cut only half a yard and I am about 2 inches shy of making it all the way around Siale's chest and still having seam allowance. Man, was I disappointed. So I just decided to make an apron for her. Aprons are my new big thing. The ties at neck and waist are ribbons and the pocket is red fabric with cherries cut out of a scrap of the fabric and then ironed-on with a tiny piece of ribbon as trim at the top of it.


This is an idea I am working on for another apron for Siale. I love the trim, but it requires handwashing. Not something I am keen on, so we'll see.


This is one that I am working on for me. The blue gingham is thin, so I'll need to line it, and I only have enough for a half apron, but I haven't decided what trims to use. Any suggestions?


Yet another half apron for me. Mainly I am doing this as a way to get sewing practice and use up bits and pieces of fabric. I have so much of this fabric and it is double sided quilted that I may make some pot holders or trivets for the table.

And some napkins. We don't use paper napkins in the house, so I am working on having a large assortment of napkins.

These scraps are going to become a rug for Siale's room. I am trying to recycle old onesies that she and Sophie have grown out of. I possibly have enough for a yellow rug, but I hate yellow. Anybody interested?!

I am teaching myself crochet. This is going to be a striped blanket when I can get all the types of stitches figured out!

Oh and did I mention I am also going to make two eye glass cases, one out of felt and one out of an old tie and a camera cozy for my new camera?

And that's not counting clothing I am working on for Siale, too.

I had another craft I was dying to take a picture of and then blog, but I decided that I will be using them as Christmas presents, so I can't put them up here. Oooohh, the suspense! Can you believe - I actually decided by June what to do for Christmas gifts - there's hope for me yet!

No comments: