These have got to be just about my favorite cookie, ever. I always made chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies for the cookie dough. But like with pizza, once it's cooked I lose interest. But I love Palmiers - even cooked!! I made these the other night and they were so good and so easy, I decided I'd share my recipe with you, in case you're interested.
Palmiers
1 cup sugar, divided
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Sprinkle a surface with 1/4 cup sugar; open puff pastry sheet on surface.
1 cup sugar, divided
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Sprinkle a surface with 1/4 cup sugar; open puff pastry sheet on surface.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar to within 1/2 in. of edges.
I'm giddy just thinking about all this sugar. next time I'm going to use crystallized sugar, too!
Lightly press into pastry.
With a knife, very lightly score a line widthwise across the middle of the pastry.
With a knife, very lightly score a line widthwise across the middle of the pastry.
Starting at one short side, roll up jelly-roll style, stopping at the score mark in the middle. Starting at the other side, roll up pastry jelly-roll style to score mark.
Cut into 3/8-in. slices.Place cut side up 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with (YEAH, MORE!) 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Turn pastries over and sprinkle with remaining sugar (more sugar, more sugar).
Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown and glazed (cause of all the SUGAR).
Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Uuuhhhh? Seriously - how easy is that? TWO ingredients? Course, even I messed it up. I'd never used puff pastry before and so I used phyllo. I thought you could subsitute them or that they were the same thing. Hahaha. You ever do that? Don't. No, really, don't. I almost burned the house down. I took little blackened, charred pieces out of the oven after 5 minutes and it took about an hour to get the smoke out of the house. Yech. Lesson learned - no substitutions.




No comments:
Post a Comment